Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Amazing Spinach Salad

As part of my efforts to eat healthier, we've all been eating a lot more vegetables. Spinach is an easy sell at our house.

I created this salad based on a number of factors: Having a bag of spinach in the fridge that I needed to use. Seeing dried cranberries on sale at the local Sunflower market. Needing to use some feta cheese and sliced almonds that I had on hand. And isn't everything better with bacon on it?

This is also one of the simplest meals to put together. It takes a matter of very few minutes. And the only thing to watch out for is overdoing the salad dressing--too much and you'll have wilty spinach.

Here's how the finished product looks:





And here's the recipe:

Spinach and Cranberry Salad

8-10 cups fresh spinach
1/3 cup dried cranberries
¼ cup bacon crumbles (I use the Costco kind, but fresh cooked would no doubt be delightful)
¼ cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2-3 Tbs. raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing (I use Sunflower’s brand because it’s cheap and tasty; I think any brand or homemade recipe would work fine).

The measures here are pretty approximate. I just put stuff in until it looks balanced (or until I run out of whatever ingredient).
Add all the ingredients and toss with dressing just before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment