Search This Blog

Friday, December 11, 2009

Easy Cheesy Rolls


These rolls were inspired by the breadsticks served at Magleby's, a local restaurant. We tried a similar version at a party and decided to give them a whirl. They are delicious and easy, although not particularly healthy. Our kids love them; I may have worked myself out of the real roll-making business for awhile.

The "recipe" gives you general directions; one of the beauties of this recipe is that as long as you have a bag of Rhodes or other frozen rolls, some butter, grated parmesan and Johnny's garlic seasoning and spread (available at Costco), you can make as many or as few as you like.

Easy Cheesy Rolls
Rhodes or other frozen roll dough
Melted butter - I used about 3/4 of a cube to make 24 rolls
Grated parmesan cheese - I used about two cups to make 24 rolls
Johnny's garlic seasoning and spread (I used about 1/2 cup for 24 rolls)

Thaw the rolls until they are soft but before they have begun to rise, about two hours. Immerse each roll in melted butter, then roll in parmesan cheese. Finally, roll the dough lightly in the garlic seasoning. Allow rolls to continue rising in a warm place for another hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the rolls are light golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. By the way, Kathy, I'm curious if you think that monetizing your blog is worth it. I haven't really heard anyone I know talk about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kip, I posted the ads mostly as an experiment because I was fascinated by the idea that I could sell ad space from right here in my house. Then I pretty much forgot about it. So, prompted by your comment, I checked the reports this morning. I am not rich yet.

    ReplyDelete