Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cheddar Biscuits

Cheddar Biscuits
What? Two posts in the same year?

This is one of my most-requested recipes. My husband loves the cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster. I've made several attempts at replicating them. I don't know how close this recipe comes to being an exact copy, but our family loves these biscuits.

This version is an adaptation of a Taste of Home recipe. I think that recipe is meant to be a lightened-up version of the original. I don't think it's all that light, but it's very, very tasty.

Cheddar Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder, divided
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 tablespoons cold butter, divided
1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (truth be told, I usually use closer to 1/2 cup)
1 cup buttermilk (I usually add a little more if it seems completely dry)
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

In a large bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, salt, 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic and baking soda. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add cheese. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.

Drop by two tablespoonfuls two inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter; stir in parsley and remaining granulated garlic. Brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Makes about 15 biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment